Monthly Utilities Overview
Monthly utilities billing includes water, sewer and trash removal charges.
Billing & Due Dates
Billing is apprised the 1st of each of month and due by the 15th. After-hours drop box for billing payments available at 323 Pueblo Avenue, Simla, Colorado.
Payments may be made via mail, in-person, our drop-box use or over telephone or Online via Municipay for Town of Simla.
Convenience & Late Fees
Fees incurred for the convenience of using debit/credit cards OR phone payment processing services are passed on to the individual utilizing, rather than being borne by town and resulting in overall increased rates to all.
A late fee of $15 is incurred for any payments received after the 15th.
Town of Simla’s base residential rate of $39.30 includes:
- 4,000 gallons of water in WINTER (November 1st – April 30th)
- 6,000 gallons of water in SUMMER (May 1st – October 30th)
***Landlords have the authority to check the balance of all tenant accounts***
Residential Overage Fees
Overages will be billed as follows:
- Up to 15,000 gallons – $2.76 per 1,000 gallons
- 15,001-30,000 – $3.29 per 1,000 gallons
- Over 30,001 gallons – $4.02 per 1,000 gallons
Town of Simla’s base commercial rate of $42.53 includes:
- 5,000 gallons of water
Commercial Overage Fees
- Over 5,000 gallons – $3.53 per 1,000 gallons
Out of Town User Rates
Town of Simla’s base Out-of -Town users is $62.99 for 4,000 gallons
Out of Town Overage Fees
- Over 4,000 gallons – $3.78 per 1,000 gallons
Shut Off/Non-Payment/ Account Transfer Fees
- $9.50 – Water off/availability to serve
- $15.00 to change name on account
- $50.00 Turn off fee if water is shut off
- $25.00 added to all accounts. that are shut off for non-payment
Sewer services are billed monthly at $38.88
Trash Service & Rates
- Trash services are contracted to the town through Dan’s Trash Service, a branch of HBS Company.
- Regular Schedule for trash pickup is weekly on Tuesdays.
- When there is a holiday on a Monday, trash pick up will be on Wednesday of that week.
- For holidays that fall on dates other than Monday, we will announce via our website or calendar the date of trash pickup for that week.
Residential Weekly Service
Residential monthly rates are $20.97 and includes:
- One (1) wheeled cart provided for each household in Simla. Containers are emptied weekly.
- Additional Bag Charges:
- 15 gal – $2.00
- 30 gal – $4.00
- Additional Bag Charges:
- It is the responsibility of the residents of Simla to place these containers and/or bags within five (5) feet of the alley, where there is an alley, or within two (2) feet of the curb or street in areas where there is no alley access.
2 or 3-yard Dumpster Rates
Dumpsters are provided to Simla residents/businesses which generate large quantities of solid waste. The size and number of dumpsters provided will be based on individual needs. Dumpsters are emptied weekly.
It is the responsibility for each customer to provide a safe, accessible location for the dumpsters.
- Rate for 2-yard Dumpster – $58.08/month
- Rate for 3-yard Dumpster – $72.30/month
Extra Charge Items:
- Bath Tub – Porcelain – $15.00
- Carpet (cubic yard) – $10.00
- Chair – Office – $10.00
- Chair – Recliner – $40.00
- Couch or Loveseat – $50.00
- Large Chair – $22.00
- Dresser – $15.00
- Hide-a-Bed – $15.00
- Hot Tub Cover – $15.00
- Mattress (any size) – $50.00
- Box Springs – $27.00
Related Municipal Codes
- Title 6, Chapter 3, Article A – Water Use Regulations
- Title 6 – Chapter 3, Article B – Wastewater System Rules and Regulations
- Title 6 – Chapter 3, Article C – Water and Sewer Assessments
- Title 6- Chapter 3, Article D – Cross Connections