The annual Christmas celebration in the Town of Simla celebrates the joy and beauty of community and features the Big Sandy Fire Department’s Christmas Tree Lighting, Christmas music, dinner and a Parade of Lights.
Held each year the First Sunday in December.
Parade Entry & Terms:
Parade entries will line up on the east side of Pueblo Avenue beginning at Deer and flowing south. Organizers will assist with the line up order on parade evening. The parade begins at 6:30 p.m. and the tree lighting and chili will begin immediately following.
Parade route will run north down Pueblo Avenue past the park and across Hwy 24, turn west (left) on Antelope turn south (left on Sioux and east (left on Deer back to Pueblo where we will turn north (left) and head back to the park.
Parking will be available after the parade on the east side of Pueblo across from the park so parade participants can join in dinner and events in park.
Extreme Weather Contingency
The parade will be rescheduled for the following week if parade organizers feel extreme weather or unworkable winter roads discourage holding it on planned date. We will let you know as soon as possible before then, please make your own decision on whether or not to participate for those reasons.
Terms & Conditions:
- Entries agrees to hold harmless the Town of Simla, it’s sponsors, agents and employees from any claims of damage, injury and/or property damage arising out of involvement with the parade.
- Parade organizers will evaluate weather and road conditions in anticipation of the event, and will postpone for the following week if it is felt that workability for scheduled date is not good.
- Organizers will notify you if this occurs, but each entry needs to make their own decision on the elements at hand, before the parade.
- Drivers of vehicles in the parade must have a valid driver’s license.
- Drivers of all vehicles must have copy of their driver’s license available on day of the parade.
Those wishing to participate in the Parade can do so via the following methods:
Please fill out our Parade of Lights Entry FormParade of Lights Entry Form and submit to:
Town of Simla
323 Pueblo Avenue
PO Box 237
Simla, CO 80835
Call us to register your float entry at (719) 541-2468.