- Job Title – Building Inspector/ part time
- Department – Building
- Reports To – Chief of Police
- FLSA Status – Salaried
- Work Schedule – Part time as needed
Performs plan examinations/consultations and inspections, compliance with building codes and ordinances pertaining to building construction, engineering and plumbing. Knowledgeable on most current IBC code.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(including but not limited to:)
- Works in cooperation with the Town Office.
- Performs plan examinations for any potential problems or inconsistencies with applicable codes.
- Responsible for the regulation, control and oversight of all construction.
- Schedules and conducts inspections when required.
- Investigates, inspects and issues red tags, for non-permitted or non-compliant projects.
- Other duties as designated by the Board of Trustees.
- Responsible for the approval of issuance of permits
- Files a final report dated and signed and forwards reports to Elbert County when needed.
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, crawl, climb, and reach.
- Familiarity and experience with building codes and practices.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and/or complaints from the public of employees.
- Ability to effectively present information, in one-on-one and/or small group situations to the public or employees.
- Posses a valid Colorado Driver’s License.
How to Apply
Complete a Town of Simla Employment Application and submit to the town by July 7, 2020 @ 3:30 p.m.
Applications can be dropped off at our office located at 323 Pueblo Avenue, Simla, Colorado or you can Contact Us to submit your application via mail, fax or email.