The Town of Simla, Colorado has an opening for a Part Time Maintenance Employee under the Public Works Department, with possibility of Benefits.
Work schedule is Monday through Friday, on call duties after hours weekends, and holidays; attends meeting when required.
Must Posses a valid Colorado Driver License and a good driving record, high sense of responsibility and proved dependability.
High School Diploma or GED. Must be in reasonable physical condition to climb ladders, lift heavy articles, operate heavy equipment, etc.
The ability to lift or carry items up to 80 pounds under some circumstances. The ability to conduct activities involving walking, and frequent standing and sitting.
How to Apply
Complete a Town of Simla Employment Application and submit to the town by August 28, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
Applications can be dropped off at our office located at 323 Pueblo Avenue, Simla, Colorado or you can Contact Us to submit your application via mail, fax or email.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day operations of the water and sewer systems as assigned by the Public Works Director.
- Logbooks, necessary reports and form completed, dated, and signed.
- Collects water and sewer samples for testing as assigned at regular intervals as required by State and Federal regulations. All reports are to be submitted to the Public Works Director for his/her signature.
- Maintains safety protocols for both public and employees while performing duties.
- Compiles by being knowledgeable of the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) Manual and insuring an updated manual is in each his/hers vehicle, equipment, and buildings per personnel manual.
- Dispatched to work locations in emergency and routine situations.
- Performs On-call duties after hours, weekends, and holidays in accordance with the published schedule, or under emergency request of the Public Works Director.
- Assists in the development and oversight of the departmental annual budgets.
- May be required to work after normal work hours to attend meetings.
- Assisting with the monthly maintenance report.
- Submitting time sheets to department head in a timely manner
- Maintenance of Town property and equipment and protecting them from loss, damage and/or neglect.
- Reading, maintenance and repair of water meters.
- Assists with installation, and inspection of water and swer taps.
- Mowing and maintenance of the cemetery, town parks, maintenance shops, well houses, and any other town properties.
- Mowing hedgerows and ditches on public rights of way
- Minor repairs and maintenance of town vehicles, equipment, and buildings
- Maintaining streets and alleys in adequate condition as determined by the Board of Trustees.
- Public contact with persons filling out maintenance requests.
- Snow removal from Town streets after each snow event
- Snow removal of the town sidewalks in and around town buildings after and during snow events.
- Opening town facilities (such as restrooms, or bandstand, etc) for people or events that have complied with town requirements for the use of such facilities.
- Assists with the seasonal spraying of mosquitoes including maintenance and calibration of sprayer and supply of spray
- Assists with burials in the Simla Cemetery
Required Knowledge, Qualities, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lift or carry items up to 80 pounds under some circumstances
- Must be in reasonable physical condition to climb ladders, lift heavy articles, operate heavy equipment, etc.
- Ability to conduct activities involving walking and frequent standing & sitting.
- Ability to conduct activities involving climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling/bending, crouching, crawling, twisting, and reaching on a limited basis
- Ability to use a computer
- Could be exposed to adverse weather conditions
Education, Training and Experience Requirements
High School graduate or GED equivalent. Having knowledge of municipal and state laws, helpful. Required to become certified as water and sewer operator, meeting state and federal requirements with 2.5 years of being hired.
The Town of Simla is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Full Description Updated on 08/12/2020